Monday, September 2, 2013

SUMMER OF 2013 - The Summer of Loss

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since the beginning of July.

It's been a very sad summer for me and my family.   To start the summer off, our sweet 14 year old dog, a cockapoo,  Mr. Pookers, died.  Then a few days later my very good and dear friend, and also known as my mother-in-law, Lillian passed away after a struggle with COPD.  That same week, a favorite Aunt of mine died.  Then to top all of that off my father, whom we all thought would get better,  had a short struggle with colon cancer and passed away in early august while I was in transit to see him.

Needless to say, I'm grieving and in need of an emotional outlet.   I'm feeling very strong urges to play in my art journal.  I would've take pics and shared them with you but, my camera broke, so I haven't been able to upload any pics at the moment.

I'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground and smell the roses while thanking God for what I have and have had.

No comments: